Firstly, thank you to Lisa from Lisa Rachel Blogs for tagging me to complete the ‘Shuffle the Music’ tag. This is my first ever tag. I feel so privileged to have the chance to be a part of this. This tag was created by Life in a Blogshell .
I know this will be so much fun. My music is a variety. Some of which I’m not so proud to admit I listen to. So fingers crossed those dodgy songs don’t appear in this.
- Mention the creator of the tag and link to their blog.
- Thank the person that nominated you for this tag and link their blog as well.
- Shuffle your entire music library (no matter how old songs are) and talk about the FIRST FIFTEEN songs that come up (anything like why they are there, if they signify something, any story, why you like them etc.)
- Mention the songs as well as the artists.
- Tag 7 people or more to do this tag and please let them know!
- Same Old Love by Selena Gomez- I’ve been a big fan of Selena Gomez. From watching her on the Disney channel programme Wizards of Waverly Place and followed her from this as she built up her music career. I think this is such a sassy song. Love a good sing along to whilst pretending I’m Selena. I mean I can’t personally relate to this song. I haven’t been through relationship issues. But theres just something about this song that makes me turn into my alter-ego.
- My Love Is Like a Star by Demi Lovato- Another classic Disney star in my eyes. This song is from Demi’s third album and one of my favourite album’s of her’s. I love the slow pace to this song but I also relate to it and love the lyrics.
- Cool for the Summer by Demi Lovato- Okay, I admit I’m a super big Demi fan. This song is the song of the summer in my eyes. Like come on guys. When you listen to this song you immediately feel like dancing around no matter where you are?! Or is that just me? This is just a fun song that I love to put on (normally on repeat). It always puts me in a good mood. I also adore the music video for this too. Demi’s makeup is stunning in this.
- Instruction by Jax Jones ft Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don- WOW totally not a surprise, another song ft Demi. This song my sister introduced me to and once again it’s one of my favourites. I also love to turn into my alter-ego when this song comes on because let’s be honest it’s a badass song that just makes you want to shimmy to it.
- Let It Go by Demi Lovato- Now I don’t even know where to start with this song. Not only is it from one of my favourite Disney Film’s Frozen but it has a massive significance to me and my family. It always gives me goosebumps and I think it has an amazing meaning to it. Why hide the real you from people, you should be proud of who you are because everyone is different and there’s nothing wrong with that. One of the best memories I have of this song is when I went to Disneyland Paris last year and this song came on during their firework display and I was in floods of tears but it was phenomenal as this song means so much to me and as I watched the fireworks I belted out the song much to my family’s embarrassment I’m sure.
- Good For You by Selena Gomez ft ASAP Rocky- What a song! I love the finger clicks in this song and I just can’t help but click along too. The music video for this how it’s just Selena on her own, I have to admit I’ve never truly understood the video or why she’s rolling on the floor but she looks amazing and I like it so I guess that’s all that matters?
- For You by Demi Lovato- May as well change this to the Demi Lovato Shuffle tag. I just LOVE Demi’s music. I love belting this song out and I love the lyrics as I am in a relationship and I’d do anything for that person in the world, we have an amazing relationship and have no issues like the person in this song but I relate to the chorus mostly. Demi’s vocals are amazing in this song she truly knows how to belt out them big notes in my opinion.
- Skyscraper by Demi Lovato- I’m sorry if you’re not a Demi fan because by this point you’re going to be sick of this. But this song I just relate to so much. I went through a hard time in my life after my auntie passed away, I struggled with my anxiety, coping with school and found it hard to understand my place in the world and where I stood in all of that. This song taught me so much and empowered me at a time when I needed it most. Didn’t have a lot of self- respect or love for myself at this time in my life and this song taught me that I needed to show the world who I was and pick myself up. I needed to rise like a skyscraper and be proud of myself and show the world who I am.
- Power by Little Mix ft Stormzy- One word GIRL POWER. My love Little Mix is so much and this song is one diva song where I turn into my sassy alter-ego and belt it out. I mean you just can’t not sing along even the “who got the power” bit? The “my turn” bit has to be my favourite and the part that I always make sure I manage to sing. These girls are literal goals! Me and my boyfriend love this song as I sing the Little Mix part alternating between the girls and then he takes Stormzy’s part.
- Lifted by Naughty Boy ft Emeli Sande- Now this one is one of the older songs in my collection and I love it. Emeli has a lovely voice that is mesmerising. I think this song has a lovely meaning, reminding people there’s nothing to be afraid of, there’s always an end to the bad times and that they won’t be here forever, in my opinion.
- Nightingale by Demi Lovato- This song helped me so much when I went through a hard time. Which I’ve mentioned before and I saw my boyfriend as my nightingale. He came into my life at a time when I needed someone to help me and showed me there’s so much to life. I often found the world overwhelming. I didn’t know my place and what I was to do with my life. He came along and showed me what life is and everything I can achieve. As the lyrics say “you could be my sanity”. He definitely was he has helped me through so much and understands me as a person. How to calm me down and support me.
- Strip that down by Liam Payne ft Quavo- Another recent addition to my music collection and I love the fact that it’s true. Liam basically lists the things he likes in life and it’s so effective. I mean you can’t resist you just have to sing along and nod your head to the beat. I’m pretty sure everyone knows the one line “I used to be in one D”. Like I may not know all the words in this song. But your girl is going to make sure I’m heard saying that line then I return to slurring and making the other lyrics up.
- Best Song ever by One Direction- Didn’t even know I had this bad boy. Let’s all admit this song may of been one of the best songs ever (did you see what I did there?). Lover of One Direction back in the day I was, I used to know all the lyrics to this song. I’m not so rusty nowadays and I still have their move (those One Direction supporters will know what I mean).
- Bad Liar by Selena Gomez- This is a pretty new song but boy is it good. The video makes no sense to me. I still don’t understand how it relates to the song but nevertheless I think it’s amazing. I just can’t help but sing along to this song. No matter how I hard I try I just can’t resist.
- Up by Olly Murs ft Demi Lovato- This song is lovely. The video is pure genius the fact that Olly and Demi are on different sides of a brick wall and then smash it at the end to reunite. The song is an uplifting song about relationships which I love. As a lot of songs are about heart breaks and relationship issues. Whereas, this song focus on how they can improve and work out there issues in their hypothetical relationship.
So that rounds up all my songs, I didn’t for a second anticipate so much Demi Lovato so I apologise to those who aren’t fans. But I truly loved writing this post and listening to some songs I haven’t listened to in a long time.